DR. R. RAJAVARMAN
Dr. R. Rajavarman
MBBS (University of Jaffna), MD / Emergency Medicine (Reading)
Lecturer (Pro.) in Anatomy
Department of Human Biology
Faculty of Health-Care Sciences
Eastern University, Sri Lanka
Name in full: DR. RAJESWARAN RAJAVARMAN
Name with initials: DR. R. RAJAVARMAN
Nationality: Sri Lankan Tamil
Personal Address: No: 127, Arayampathy, Batticaloa.
Contact number: Mobile: 071-4471096
Office: 065 -2224349
NIC number: 763252876 v
Civil status: Married
- MD / Emergency Medicine (Reading)
Post Graduate Institute of Medicine Sri Lanka since November 2015.
- MBBS, 2005
Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna with Second Class Lower Division.
• Working as a Probationary lecturer of the Discipline of Anatomy at the Department of Human Biology, Faculty of Health-Care Sciences, Eastern University, Sri Lanka from 30.12.2013 up to date.
• In Ministry of Health, Medical officer in Emergency Treatment Unit and Primary Care Unit, Teaching Hospital Batticaloa since 2007 to 2013.
• Intern Medical officer for Medicine & Surgery at Colombo SouthTeaching Hospital, Kalubowila from 2006 to 2007.
- Somasiri,K.G., Rajavarman,R, Nazeefa H.M.F.J. and Sujeevan,S. (2015). Translation and validation of Perceived Stress Scale (PSS) to tamil language. Book of abstracts, Annual Scientific sessions 2015, Batticaloa Medical Association.pp21
- Somasiri,K.G., Rajavarman,R, and Nazeefa H.M.F.J. (2015). Perceived Stress of Second year medical students before and after an End module Examination. Poster presentation, Annual Scientific sessions 2015, Batticaloa Medical Association.
- Somasiri,K.G., Rajavarman,R, Nazeefa,H.M.F.J. and Thayabaran, M.(2016). Comparison of physical health parameters of medical students and biological science students of Eastern University, Sri Lanka. (Abs) 4th International Conference 2016, Eastern University, Sri Lanka. pp 28
- Descriptive study on the socio-economic factors in deliberate self-harm and attempted suicide cases admitted to ETU/PCU, Teaching Hospital Batticaloa.
Research related to Clinical Anatomy & Emergency Medicine.
Gross anatomy, histology and embryology of the following modules
- Module HB03: Tissues of the human body I
- Module HB04: Tissues of the human body II
- Module HB07: Locomotor system I (Upper limb)
- Module HB08: Locomotor system II (Lower limb)
- Module HB09: Central nervous system
- Module HB10: Peripheral nervous system
- Module HB11: Special senses
- Module HB12 & 13: Cardiovascular system
- Module HB 14 & 15: Respiratory system
- Module HB16: Endocrine system
- Module HB17: Gastro intestinal system
- Module HB20 & 21: Renal system
- Module HB22 & 23: Reproductive system
B Sc. Nursing
- Musculoskeletal system
- Anatomy aspect of all other systems
Teaching activity during MD training
- First aid and basic life support for 3rd year marine students, Faculty of Science, University of Jaffna.
- Emergency management for BSc. Nursing students, allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna.
- How to approach a hypovolaemic patient in Obsterics and Gynaecology unit for Final year medical students, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
- Faculty Coordinator / SDC, Eastern University.
- Secretary, Batticaloa Medical Association (BMA) in 2011.
- Committee member of BMA from 2009 to 2013 (Library in charge
- Resource person for CPR workshop for pre-interns, 2015/2016
- Resource person on Simulation workshop for nursing officers on emergencies in Teaching Hospital, Jaffna.
- Resource person for a workshop on Basic Airway management for Dental surgeons, Teaching hospital, Jaffna.
- Resource person of Leadership and Positive Attitude Development Residential Training Program, conducted by Ministry of Higher Education for the new university entrants for the Academic year 2013/2014.