MISS. SARANYA SATHIYAVASAN
Miss. Saranya Sathiyavasan
B.Sc .(Hons). in Chemistry (EUSL)
Lecturer (Probationary) in Biochemistry.
Department of Human Biology.
Faculty of Health - Care Sciences.
Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
Telephone: 077 8548098
Name in full: Miss.Saranya Sathiyavasan
Name with initials: Miss.S.Saranya
Nationality: Sri Lankan Tamil
Personal Address: 394/36 Ganasoorium Square, Batticaloa
Date of Birth: 12.04.1987
NIC number: 876030071v
Civil status: Single
Office: 065 -2224349
- Completed General Degree in Biological Science in Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
- Completed Special Degree in Chemistry in Eastern University, Sri Lanka. With First class division.
Synthesis and Characterization of Copper (ll) and Cadmium (ll) Complexes of some Hydroxamate derivatives.
Unpublished B.Sc dissertation submitted on 15th June, 2015 for the final year project report submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the Special Degree in Chemistry in Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
- A seminar had been conducted on “Green Chemistry- Principles and its applications” on 23 rd March, 2015 organized by the Department of Chemistry, Faculty of science, Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
Completed Certificate Courses:
- Participated the Certificate Course in Laboratory Animal Sciences, organized by Sri Lanka Association for Laboratory Animal Science with the collaboration of Medical Research Institute of Sri Lanka on 27th June- 1st July 2016.
- Participated the training course in Molecular Biological Techniques in IBMBB Colombo University on 24 th to 28 th of October, 2016.
Temporary Assistant Lecturer in Chemistry at Department of Chemistry, Eastern University, Sri Lanka from 02.11.2015 to 03.04.2016.
Temporary Demonstrator in Department of Chemistry, Eastern University Sri Lanka from 02.07.2015 to 01.11.2015.
Assigned the duties of Practical Demonstration from 01.01.2015 to 30.06.2015.
Abstracts in Conference Proceedings
- Dr.M.Sithambaresan, Dr.M.Koneswaran,Miss.S.Saranya,”Synthesis and characterization of Copper (II) and Cadmium (II) complexes of hydroxamate derivatives”. Published in the proceedings of International Research Sessions iPURSE, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka on 4th - 5th November 2016.
- Dr.S.Arasarethnam , Miss.S.Saranya.”A comparison of accumulation of heavy metals (Hg, Pb, Cd & Cr) in soil and selected vegetables from Kaluthawalai farm in Batticaloa”.Published in the proceedings of International Conference of Agriculture Sciences, Sabragamuwa University of Sri Lanka on 9th-10th January,2014.
Related with Biochemistry and Nutrition.
Molecular Biological Techniques
The modules are:
- HB01: Molecular Organization of Human body
- HB02: Cellular organization of human body
- HB03: Tissues of Human Body-1
- HB09: Metabolism
- HB19: Nutrition
BSc Nursing course:
- Biochemistry & Nutrition
Life Member of Sri Lanka Association for Laboratory Science (SLALAS)